49. a decade reflection

a Christopher.






i could cast a stone

into the depths of your gaze alone

and never hear the resounding echo

amidst the water's hazy glow.


for i let your name be swept,

into the folds of time, silently kept

but for your pressense did i crave

more than i thought my memory engrave.


then the waves draw near,

expanding wide and crystal clear,

the echo's touch takes it's toll

stirring my soul and igniting my whole.


a decade passed us by

would you allow me to fill your glass?

it's just that the night is not enough

to confess to you all the sins i bore.


and i apologize, dear heart,

for my recurrent depart.

time and time again, i strayed,

leaving wounds that never fade.


yet, it's a truth i can't deny,

to speak this sincericide,

love holds your name with utmost care,

in a realm beyond compare.

D.


















so, my unbeaten lover,

hear my plea.

we've been together a million years

so I wouldn't hesitate

to pour you wine, to draw you near,

just to see your open eyes

and press my fingers

against yours

for a million years more.